POSITION: Sales Operations Senior Manager
SUMMARY: The Sales Operations Senior Manager’s primary role is as trusted advisor and “right hand” to a Sales Leadership team in terms of day-to-day field sales operations, with a particular focus on pipeline analysis, facilitating and monitoring the enablement and execution of initiatives, processes and policies, and assisting sales management with other operational aspects of sales management. This may include managing and/or providing direction to a team of Sales Operations professionals who work with the sales teams throughout the sales cycle from opportunity management through contract processing. The Sales Operations Senior Manager is also responsible for providing reporting and analysis to the Sales Leadership team on sales pipeline, sales performance, and other key metrics. This role also supports the Leadership team on other projects as needed including Rules of Engagement, process improvements and training.
The candidate is accountable for driving CRM system data integrity accountability with Managers and Reps, to ensure reporting and metrics are accurate and reliable. This requires excellent negotiation and communication skills to both be an advisor and advocate to the sales teams, while also being able to challenge managers on the strength of their pipeline and be on point for sales management as to the overall health of the pipeline. The individual will also be the person who initially reviews disputes between sales teams regarding rules of engagement related to various sales programs, and either drives resolution and/or performs investigative work to present a recommendation regarding to how to resolve the conflict between the sales teams. Additionally, this individual will work with sales management to analyze performance and trends for products, geographies and industry verticals, and recommend areas for improvement to the field sales team and/or operations management.
This position requires a strong communicator who can lead through coaching, a facilitator for resolving issues or challenges both within the team and between the team and other departments, coordinator of work flow and problem solver. The ideal candidate will be very detail oriented and able to adjust quickly in a rapidly growing and dynamic group. The candidate must be comfortable and effective in communicating and presenting to senior management. Superior planning and analytical skills are a must.
- Pipeline Reporting and Analysis
- Process design and improvement
- Support or facilitate the enablement of initiatives, programs, training and policies and processes.
- Oversee the headcount hiring approval process for sales management
- Customer assistance as needed to aid the sales reps
- With sales management, develop, align and implement territory assignments
- With sales management, analyze performance results and trends, and make recommendations to resolve organizational performance challenges.
- Act as liaison between various internal departments to solve issues as they arise with both customers and sales reps
- May include direction and/or direct management of Sales Operations Support team whose responsibilities include:
- Order creation (in conjunction with the sales reps and Order Management)
- Contract package assembly (gaining all necessary internal approvals and documentation for presentation to customer)
- Order processing and follow-through
- Updates to CRM systems (accounts, opportunities, contacts)
- Customer research – both internal and external
- Contract research
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 7+ years in sales operations management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other relevant field
- Software industry experience highly preferred
- Advanced Microsoft skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure, manage priorities while meeting deadlines
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must be a self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Demonstrated credibility, professionalism and decisiveness
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with sales teams
- Experience working with contracts
- Experience using a CRM system (Epiphany & SalesForce.com preferred)
- Knowledge of revenue recognition practices
Infor Global Solutions offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Infor respects and embraces diversity in our workplace. EOE/AA M/F/D/V