POSITION: IT Systems Administrator
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
Infor delivers fully integrated enterprise solutions for a wide range of industries, as well as best-in-class, stand-alone products that address the essential challenges its customers face in areas such as enterprise resource planning, supply chain planning and execution, customer and supplier relationship management, asset management, product lifecycle management, financial and performance management, and business intelligence. With 8,100 employees and offices in over 100 countries, Infor provides enterprise solutions to more than 70,000 customers. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
The ideal candidate will have the experience to efficiently handle the installation, modification and support of operating systems, databases and software applications. Applicant will be responsible for providing end-user support by phone or in person within a region for applications and/or general network problems. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Operates under minimal supervision and possess troubleshooting and prioritization skills.
· 30% Installs, maintains and repairs the server environment.
· 30% Assists department manager in on-going assessment, upgrading, consolidating and installation of Windows/LINUX based operating systems.
· 30% Perform Data Center task such as racking equipment, tape rotation, hardware maintenance, HVA and UPS monitoring
· 10% Installs and maintains in house applications as they relate to servers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· One to Two years of systems administration experience with industry standard software and/or hardware certifications. Current position must consist of primary responsibility for active server administration.
· Strong inter-personal and communication skills
· Independent problem solving, self-direction and self-motivation
· A solid understanding of the Windows operating system components
· Organizational skills
· Experience with Symantec NetBackup
· Linux installation, troubleshooting and support experience
· Data Center Procedures