Infor delivers fully integrated enterprise solutions for a wide range of industries, as well as best-in-class, stand-alone products that address the essential challenges its customers face in areas such as enterprise resource planning, supply chain planning and execution, customer and supplier relationship management, asset management, product lifecycle management, financial and performance management, and business intelligence. With 8,100 employees and offices in over 100 countries, Infor provides enterprise solutions to more than 70,000 customers. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
For our Development Organization in Farnborough or Barneveld we are looking for motivated and enthusiastic:
POSITION: Development Manager for
Documentation and Translation
LOCATION: EMEA, preferably
Manages teams of writers assigned to create documentation deliverables such as user manuals, installation manuals, online help, and tutorials; and teams of linguists assigned to translate and test translations of user interface language and documentation. Ensures that complex documentation projects are effectively planned, scheduled, researched, written, and delivered. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures and ensures that employees operate within these guidelines. Provides regular updates to management on project status. Evaluates progress and results of efforts. Exercises independent and solid judgment within practices and policies.
· Manages, coaches, and mentors staff. Responsible for overall talent management of all team members including hiring, firing, training, and developing technical writers and linguists. Conducts performance reviews. Recommends salary actions and promotions.
· Develops and maintains a Documentation Project Plan Schedule to organize product line documentation projects.
· Communicates regularly and coordinates plans and activity with development and product management for upcoming joint development and documentation projects.
· Coordinates resource allocations of technical writers. Controls performance at the project level to ensure quality, productivity, and performance.
· Ensures that documentation receives the appropriate level of technical review and that projects are completed on time and according to corporate quality standards.
· Defines, assigns, and manages research projects pertaining to new communication techniques and technologies.
· Facilitates communication upward and across project teams including information about project status, justifications for variances, and technical details.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree in English, Communication, Technology, Business, Journalism, or Education.
· Typically requires 7 to 10 years of experience in documentation or information design and development.
· Strong oral and written language skills.
· Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities.
· Proven management or leadership experience.
· Proficient with one or more technical writing software tools such as an XML authoring tool or the Adobe or Madcap Flare tool sets.
preferred skills & KNOWLEDGE:
· Advanced degree.
· Experience in leading software product documentation projects.
· Knowledge of software development life cycle procedures.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
· Dynamic and international work surroundings where you will work independently
· We appreciate it when you take your own responsibilities
· Innovative products
· Possibilities to develop
· An informal company culture
· Competitive benefits
More information about this position, please contact:
Senior Recruiter EMEA
Send your CV to email@example.com.