The Senior SE engages technical decision makers, industry influencers, and business leaders of existing and potential customers in driving an awareness and early adoption of new technologies. This position also engages Approva Product Management, Development, Support and the Field organization in driving product direction and product solutions with both customers and other Approva teams. Creates excitement and demonstrates the value of the new technology solutions for customer problems through marketing campaign interactions, focused on one-on-one or one-to-many with key decision makers. Influences through web blogs, conferences, presentations, and collaborative best practices work.
Critical Success Factors
- Staying informed on competitor technologies, being able to articulate and demonstrate our competitive advantage in a Sales Cycle and handling objections.
- Mentoring, coaching and training of both junior and senior technology SE members. This should occur in both formal and informal ad-hoc settings.
- Consistent and frequent contribution to the Best Practices pool of knowledge. Knowledge sharing across all business units in Approva.
· Proven track record of developing, messaging and positioning software solutions in a presales environment.
· Sales-driven philosophy that enables field success and revenue capture.
· Ability to work with outside domain experts and translate their knowledge into product requirements and high-value content that addresses critical customer business challenges.
· Thought leadership and ability to evangelize to external constituents.
Key Job Responsibilities
Expected to be a self-motivated leader, requiring minimal management direction and proactively assisting their manager in setting their own work agenda, including:
- Proactively seeking out opportunities and other SEs requiring deep technical assistance.
- Staying aware of new opportunities in the pipeline that may require deep technical assistance.
- Assisting other business units when the contribution assists Approva as a whole.
· Product champion for new software releases and offerings.
Experience / Qualifications (including Interpersonal Skills)
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred and minimum 8 yrs presales, consulting or appropriate industry experience. Prefer experience/expertise with Compliance, SOX, Governance technology.
Travel required: 50%
· Excellent time management skills
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills
· Must be capable of demonstrating the core Approva products and articulating the architecture for those products
· Collaborates with technical (e.g., Audit, Developers, IT, CTO) and/or Independent Software Vendor (ISV) audiences
· Ability to communicate to C-level
- Demonstrates both breadth and depth of knowledge in Approva Suite of tools along with 3rd party vendor technologies