As a Technical Consultant you will be responsible for providing high quality technical installation, upgrade and consultancy services on the Infor SCP products and associated Third Party products. The main areas of involvement will be installing / upgrading the supply chain planning suite of products, based on both Oracle, SQL server databases and web based applications. You will need experience in a customer orientated role, and must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, whilst also sharing knowledge and experience with colleagues.
· Installation and Configuration of Infor and other third party software; including Oracle, MS SQL Server databases and products based on web technologies
· Liaison with clients - agreeing technical aspects of new installations and the upgrade of existing products with new and existing customers
· Advising customers on best practice regarding maintenance and backup procedures
· Feedback of issues at customer sites to appropriate company staff and to monitor resolution where appropriate
· Ensuring that services delivered are signed-off as completed to enable invoicing in accordance with agreed procedures
· Provision of enhanced consultancy services on system resilience and high availability
· Performing Technical Audits
· Liaising with Application Consultants and Project Managers to define application requirements.
· Producing full technical specifications for customizations and configuration changes.
· Designing, code and test customizations and configuration changes to software applications to meet both functional and technical requirements.
· Participating in implementing all actions required to deploy an application; assist in ensuring that the application meets both technical and business needs.
· Providing post delivery support for customizations and configurations.
· Working self-sufficiently and collaboratively to ensure team goals are achieved.
· Able to manage multiple deadlines on concurrent multiple projects
· To self-study to increase your knowledge of technical solutions.
· To recommend changes to procedures and processes.
· Positive attitude and excellent verbal communication skills, with both internal and external customers.
· To have the ability to take control of the situations to ensure that the right resolution is agreed and actioned.
· To be versatile, adaptable and approachable to meet business objectives.
· Demonstrable autonomy and the authority to make and implement own decisions.
· Focused on results.
· To be able to prioritise issues and objectives based upon commercial and technical reasoning.
· To have a high degree of attention to detail.
· To have excellent time management skills.
· To be willing to travel within UK and Europe to work on client sites
Minimum technical skills
· Oracle Installation/DBA experience
· Microsoft SQL Server Installation/DBA experience
· Microsoft SQL Server Programming or Oracle PL/SQL programming
It is desirable to have Oracle skills not essential for this role
· B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent field
· Oracle skills are desirable not essential
· UK Citizenship
· Full clean driving license