Infor Global Solutions
Infor delivers fully integrated enterprise solutions for a wide range of industries, as well as best-in-class, stand-alone products that address the essential challenges its customers face in areas such as enterprise resource planning, supply chain planning and execution, Workforce Management, Customer Relationship Management, asset management, product lifecycle management, financial and performance management, and business intelligence. With 8,100 employees and offices in over 100 countries, Infor provides enterprise solutions to more than 70,000 customers. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
Position: Software Engineer
Location: Toronto Office (Don Mills)
· Participate in the design, development and maintenance of Workbrain products
· Participate in functional design and prepare technical design documents related to Workbrain products
· Engage and collaborate with Product Management, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance and Technical Writing as appropriate to ensure high quality deliverables
· Perform functional and technical reviews of work submitted by the team members
· Responding to customer reported defects and providing fixes
· Monitor and address issues related various automated processes (such as nightly and continuous builds, PMD, JUnit, etc)
· Adhere to both industry and Workbrain development standards and best practices
· Identify and escalate issues related to plan and quality
· Maintain high level of functional and technical product knowledge
· Participate in ongoing skill development consistent with established training curriculum.
· Initiate and/or actively participate in continuous improvement of Workbrain processes
Required Skills & Qualifications
· A university degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 2-4 years of software industry experience
· 2+ years of practical experience in Java, J2EE, DBMS, XML, SOAP and related technologies
· Experience with Databases and SQL
o 2+ years of experience in any of these 3 databases: MSSQL Server, Oracle & DB2.
o Should have a grasp of basic database concepts and should be strong in SQL and be able to code complex queries
· Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and development concepts
· Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
· Strong problem solving skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong understanding of network protocols (especially TCP/IP and HTTP)
· Experience with embedded programming (embedded Java, J9, J2ME)
Preference given to those with:
· Experience with Time and Attendance application or Scheduling application
· Familiarity with JUnit and PMD frameworks
· Web Services
· ANT, CruiseControl
· Eclipse, Subversion
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at email@example.com.